PACE is partnering with Stanbic Bank and the Shanti Uganda Society in the first annual Stanbic Maternal Health Week event in Kampala, Uganda.
In celebration of Midwives’ Day (May 5) and Mothers’ Day (May 11), Shanti and Stanbic have teamed up with different sponsors and partners including PACE for this first-of-a-kind event. Six days of inspiring activities to showcase progress in improving the lives of Ugandan women, babies and girls have been planned
From May 5 through May 10, free healthcare services will be offered at the Stanbic Bank branch at Forrest Mall in Kampala from the hours of 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Additionally, on each day, a live lecture will be offered from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
At 5:00 p.m. each evening, the public is invited to attend a free yoga class. Additionally, the public is invited to meet the lovely and very accomplished Miss Uganda Stella Nanutmbwe each day from 11:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
The daily workshops will cover the following topics:
1. Monday, May 5, 2017: HIV/AIDs Awareness
2. Tuesday, May 6, 2014: Family Planning
3. Wednesday, May 7, 2014: Yoga and Holistic Health
4. Thursday, May 8, 2014: Girls’ Empowerment
5. Friday, May 9, 2014: Caring for an Expectant Mother
6. Saturday, May 11, 2014: Nutrition and Pregnancy