A cross section of VIPP cards made by the participants at the workshop
PACE conducted Business skills training aimed at strengthening staff capacity to deliver quality business skills to ProFam owners in a bid to improve on their business profitability.
The training was attended by Fifteen (15) participants discussed a series of issues including;
1. What it means to be in business;
2. The potential conflict between business needs and medical ethics;
3. Analyzing how to handle the responsibilities necessary to manage a business;
4. Exploring the seven business competencies;
5. Assessing their own strengths and challenges in relation to the seven competencies;
6. Reviewing available business counseling subject areas to identify which would be of greatest value to you
7. Developing a personal development plan to increase your effectiveness as a small business owner; and
8. Stating their own key take away from this workshop.
Participants were equally oriented to effective facilitation skills to enable them better deliver the training package to respective ProFam owners in the regions.
PACE recognised at Financial reporting (FIRE AWARDS) Event
‘’For value addition through transparency’’
PACE was recognized for quality financial and communication reporting by the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU) under their event ‘FiRe Awards’. The FiRe Awards are organized by ICPAU in partnership with Capital Markets Authority (CMA) and Uganda Securities Exchange (USE). The chief guest at the awards was the minister of financial Hon. Maria Kiwankia. The 2013 Financial Reporting Awards attracted over 60 entrants and they were received in the; banking, insurance, public sector, Non Government Organizations, consumer and industrial products and regulatory bodies categories.
The awards bring on board prospects of improvement in the quality of financial reporting with respect to; compliance with corporate governance and sustainability reporting, presentation of financial statements, disclosures of financial information, signing of the report, management of risk, analysis of stakeholders and of the macroeconomic parameters, among others.
The event aims at bringing on board organizations to create a strong pool in promoting of accountability in Uganda.